Monday, May 22, 2006

Common

He says
it is common
for retired first responders
and those who were injured
to do what I did
to
stop and help someone
despite the supposed limitations...

he says this is common
for us
to stop and help the injured
I guess then we go back to our
own damaged lives.

he'd know he's been seeing
more causualties of 'heroism'
for years, now...

its nice to know
that i am still
'common...'
I Just wish
I knew more people
like
me...

because then they would know
and understand
what he can only imagine...

the confusion of
jumping back into
one's old role
with ease and
expertise

followed by the
inevitable re-entry burns
of hoping back
into the mortifying role
of a 'handicapped person...'

no one knows who
you were
or are

even worse
you yourself
do not know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home