Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Defiant

Walk, walk away
The weakness
Walk until the body
either Heals or Surrenders.

One foot, than the other, walk, walk away.

Defiance, walking.

This morning a walker
my muscles are so stiff
early in the day
and so shaky
until I am
moving...

how
embarrassing...

Tonight
I decided
there was nothing wrong with me...
I'd walk
walk until I was healed or
my body surrendered...

defiant.

I made it
all the way to class and back
And I
took the long way!
Almost fell
a few times
But
I did not.

I told my shrink today
That I've lied to him for
five years...
I was never in an accident
All my medical problems are
psychosomatic.

I don't need doctors
and
if I talk to him long enough
This will
ALL
go away.

He told me
to keep my doctors appointments.

Aparently
I made a good arguement for conversion disorder
but
He thinks I am wrong.

So I'll keep going to my doctors
Until I
prove my shrink wrong
and prove I am crazy
and that
I am the epitome of slothe
no offense to the good animal...

If I am crazy
it means that save for my mind
my body is well
and
I have nothing
nothing
to fear.

It
sounds nice...

but for now
I keep walking
defiantly.

Maybe this fall as the weather cools
I will NOT get worse again!
Maybe I won't be so achy and ill!
Maybe the summer will last forever
these
warm balmy days
that soothe my mind and body...

I love winter
but my body aches for warmth theses days...

Maybe summer will never end
Maybe this is all in my head
Maybe I am just crazy...

I think about it
as I walk
and walk
until
I am healed
or
my body surrenders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home