Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow, Hope, and Sanity (?)!

The snow outside here is BEAUTIFUL! The sun is out now, too, so it's definately one of those "Courier and Ives" kind of days! I am sitting in my room, mostly, enjoying looking through old photos. My neurologist is an angel, he is the only one even trying to manage my pain. Even with strong medicine, my right side of my tummy still hurts so bad, but I have a 'tentative' surgery date now, so my hope is growing. :)

I am thinking of all the things that will improve and how much more I will be able to do once I feel better! My colleagues and friends have noticed a 'downslide' over the past 6-12 months. I'm hoping that with the bad vitamin D deficiency being treated and relief of my tummy pain in sight, things will improve. I was a little bummed because it's the end of 2009, and all I can think of, in terms of accomplishments, was, well, I survived. I will have been out of school for 3 years in May, but my life just seems to be standing still right now . Hopefully as my health improves, I will move forward and not be merely 'treading water,' and start to live more and do more, again. I think once my tummy doesn't hurt so bad (and I can stand up straight again!) my back and my shoulder and migranes will improve, my PT thinks some of it is postural.

However, I did recently get quoted in a 'best practices' article. That is an accomplishment that makes me happy! Maybe I can get a few more of those on my resume one of these days. :)

So, in the mean time, at least since I have someone trying to manage my pain while I wait for surgery, I am a little more sane than I was the day that the one doctor was practically saying "no go," and all I had been pinning my strength on was fighting to get through to that day.

I am meditating more, praying more, both for health and strength and to get through this surgery, successfully, and in a timely manner.

I am trying to exercise more, when I feel up to it, and trying to pace myself to do a little housework each day. I spend the weekends mostly resting to prepare for another work week. I need to work to pay those bills!!

I will get through this, I always do. I am happy to say that with good PT, my shoulder is improving and I can use my arm and shoulder much better!! :) I'm a tough critter and am blessed with good family, boyfriend, and friends, who are my support and strength and help. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home