Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreams of Nikki

I haven't seen Nikki in my dreams in years. Two nights ago, she was there. There was a party, she was vibrant, healthy, and free from cancer. We all were laughing and talking surrounded by so many family members and friends.

We all were laughing, talking. I could hardly believe she was there, with us! It was wonderful! There was a wheelchair in the corner, that in the dream used to be hers when she was ill, and I realized, it needed to go, it was not something to be held onto. Perhaps the image of Nikki, sick, was something that needed to be let go.

We all went to the beach, and were having a great evening. My cousins were there, they looked like little kids again. Both of our families and all our dear friends were there. As the evening went on, and the sun started to set, what first appeared as a line of planets showed up on the horizon, two glowing red, and I thought, "There is only one Mars." I realized the other red ball was moving closer, it turned into a cartoon drawing of a plane which 'crashed' without a sound, burrowing into the sand and disappearing, the whole scene rippling like a pond when a pebble is thrown into it. At first it seemed like there was a horrible disaster, then, I realized, no one was hurt, there was no disaster, the only afteraffects were the kids were standing in sand up to their knees, like when the waves rush out around your feet, and they were stepping over it, grinning, laughing, carrying on.

Nikki had vanished from our view, from the scene. But, it was like she had never gone far, and was just on a trip out of town. We all were going to go back to her parent's house to continue our truly joyous visit. When I looked around and realized Nikki wasn't there, I wasn't scared. The whole scene had changed and Nikki vanished as the ripples occured, but the plane wreck had been merely an illusion, Nikki was gone from view, but not from our lives. I felt the reassurance that I'd see her again, after all, I just had after not seeing her in years!

It was nice to see Nikki.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home