Saturday, January 16, 2010

Learning to Journey

Life is a journey; the beginning and end are predictable occurances, so, while in Life, it is best to find things that bring joy and meaning! For some, it is being like "The Lupine Lady," and trying to make the world more beautiful.

I had a beatiful day today. I got to see my Hunny, and my dear friends in South Jersey. It was really, truly, wonderful!

The doctors are still fighting over my health, but none of that matters right now. The tummy surgery to fix the Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction was truly a success and whil not 100% I am better than I've been in a while. I am still very tired, but I am thankful that I was able to get up and dressed and see people whom I care very much about, today.I choose to focus on that, and on the fact that I can sit here, warm, safe, and comfortable, and type away at the end of the day. That's a lot more than many, many, many people can even hope to do and have tonight, and for them one must pray and help where possible.

I don't know where the current road is taking me: I don't know what answers I will or will not find, or if any of them even matter, but I do know this; that I must not succumb to feelings of doubt or self-pity, but rather, make a conscious effort to rejoice in the moment, and to do as much as I can for as long as I can and to live life in such a way that two things occur:
1) When it's my time, I can cross over knowing I made the world, overall, better for having journeyed through it, in large part by loving and allowing myself to be loved.
2) I can skid sideways into the grave, screaming Wheeee! That was FUN!, body all used up, Grinning ear to ear and knowing I lived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home